(Wikipedia) - Bahman Shirazi
Bahman A.K. Shirazi is former director of graduate studies at California Institute of Integral Studies(CIIS). He has been actively affiliated with that organisation since 1983. His doctoral dissertation, "Self in Integral Psychology" was the first of its kind in the field of integral psychology. His work draws from the approach of Haridas Chaudhuri, focusing on an integrative approach to psychology, with the goal of developing insights into the nature of human psychospiritual development and integral self-realization. He has taught at several San francisco Bay Area Universities: Californian Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS), Sofia University (formerly Institute of Transpersonal Psychology), and previously at John F. Kennedy University(JFKU), and Dominican University of California. Partial bibliography
- Shirazi, Bahman (2013). The Metaphysical Instincts & Spiritual Bypassing in Integral Psychology. Integral Review, Vol. 9, No. 3, September 2013.
- Shirazi, Bahman (2012). Rethinking the Future of World Religion: An Interview With Jorge N. Ferrer. Integral Review, Vol. 8, No. 1, July 2012.
- Shirazi, Bahman (2011). Integral Education: Founding Vision and Principles. Integral Review, Vol. 7, No. 1, June 2011.
- Shirazi, Bahman (2010). Wholeness, Integration of personality, and Conscious Evolution in Integral Psychology. ReVision Journal, Vol. 32, No. 1, Spring 2010.
- Shirazi, Bahman (2010). The Sufi Path of Self-transformation. in Cornelissen, Matthijs, Mishra, Girishwar, and Varma, Suneet (Eds.) Foundations of Indian Psychology, volume one. New Delhi: Pearson Publications.
- Shirazi, Bahman (2005). Integral Psychology: Psychology of the Whole Being. In Consciousness & Healing: An Anthology of Integral Medicine Editors: Marilyn Schlitz, Ph.D., Tina Amorok, MA, Psy.D cand. & Marc Micozzi, MD, Ph.D, 2005).
- Shirazi, Bahman (2004). Transformation of Consciousness in Sufism. Psychology: Traditional, Spiritual, contemporary Vol.1, No. 3, Spring 2004.
- Shirazi, Bahman (2004). Dimensions of Integral Psychology. In Unity in Diversity: Fifty years of cultural integration and more. San Francisco, CA: Cultural Integration Fellowship, 2004.
- Shirazi, Bahman (2001) "Integral psychology, metaphors and processes of personal integration", Cornelissen, Matthijs (Ed.) Consciousness and Its Transformation, Pondicherry:
Journal Special Issue Editing
Editor: Special Issue of Integral Review, Volume 9 (#3), September 2013
Editor: Special Issue of Integral Review, Vol. 8 (#1), July 2012
Editor: Special Issue of Integral Review, Vol. 7 (#1), June 2011
Editor: Special Issue of ReVision Journal, Vol. 32 (#1), Spring 2010
Associate Producer: Integral Consciousness. Documentary Film. Director, Mark Kitchell. Alan Baiss (producer) ©2008 External links
- AUM Presenter: Bahman Shirazi
|Name ||Shirazi, Bahman |
|Alternative names || |
|Short description ||American psychologist |
|Date of birth || |
|Place of birth || |
|Date of death || |
|Place of death || |
| ||This article about a psychologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. |
Tags:American, Bahman, Bahman Shirazi, CA, California, Delhi, John F. Kennedy, Kennedy, MD, Media, New Delhi, Ph.D, San Francisco, Sofia, Sufism, University of California, Wikipedia