Homayoun Shajarian Definition
(Wikipedia) - Homayoun Shajarian Not to be confused with Mohammad Reza Shajarian.
| ||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately, especially if potentially libelous or harmful. (August 2010) |
|Homayoun Shajarian |
|(1975-05-21) May 21, 1975 (age 39) Tehran, Iran |
|Tehran, Iran |
|Persian traditional music |
|21 May 2003-present |
Homayoun Shajarian (Persian: همايون شجريان) (born 21 May 1975) is a renowned Persian classical music vocalist, as well as a Tombak and Kamancheh player. Contents
- 1 Biography
- 2 Life Events Calendar
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
He was born in Tehran in a music-dedicated family. He is the son of Mohammad Reza Shajarian, the grand master vocalist of Persian traditional music. Upon his father''s advice, he began studying knowledge of technique and rhythm under supervision of Nasser Farhangfar, master of the tombak, a Persian hand drum, at the age of five. Afterwards, he also continued learning the tombak under Jamshid Mohebbi''s supervision. He commenced learning Persian traditional vocal Avaz at the age of ten, alongside his older sisters under their father’s supervision and gained knowledge of Avaz techniques and voice-producing. Simultaneously, he attended Tehran Conservatory of Music and chose Kamancheh as his professional instrument as well as being tutored by Ardeshir Kamkar. In 1991, he accompanied father in concerts of Ava Music Ensemble in US, Europe and Iran, playing Tombak; and from 1999 on, started accompanying father also on vocals. His first independent work Nassim-e Vasl, composed by Mohammad Javad Zarrabian, was published on his 28th birthday, in 21 May 2003.
Life Events Calendar
- Nasim-e Vasl
- Showq-e Doost
- Naghsh-e khiyal
- Ba Setareh ha
- Gheyzhaak-e Kouli
- Khorshid-e Arezoo
- Shab-e Jodayi
- Showq Nameh
- Ey Jan-e Jan Bi Man Maro
- Neither Angel nor Devil
- 1975: Born on 21 May
- 1985: Began Studying Avaz with her sisters under his father''s supervision
- 1991: Joined Ava Music Ensemble, playing Tombak
- 1994: Performed Qassedak concerts around Europe with his father and Parviz Meshkatian
- 1999: Started co-vocaling with his father in concerts
- 2000: Accompanied his father in Nava, Dad-o-Bidad, and Zemestan in Europe, US, and Canada concerts
- 2002: Accompanied his father in Rast-Panjgah and Morakkab Khani in Europe and Canada concerts
- 2003: Published his first independent album: "Nassim-e Vasl"
- 2004: Published independent albums: "Na-Shakiba" and "Showq-e Doost"
- 2005: Published independent album: "Naqsh-e khiyal"
- 2006: Published independent album: "Ba Setareha"
- 2008: Published independent album (Live concert Berlin - in conjunction with Dastan Ensemble): "Ghijake Koli"
- 2008: Published independent album (Live concert Berlin - in conjunction with Dastan Ensemble): "Khorshid-e Arezoo"
- 2009 Mayeh-Ye Dashti/Mayeh-Ye Isfahan (CD) Celestial Harmonies
Tags:Ardeshir, Berlin, Canada, Europe, Homayoun Shajarian, Iran, Isfahan, Jamshid, Khorshid, Life, Parviz, Persian, Tehran, US, Website, Wikipedia