Iranians in Israel Definition
(Wikipedia) - Iranians in Israel
Iranians in Israel
Regions with significant populations
Iranians in Israel refers to the community of Iranian Jews living in Israel, as part of the Iranian diaspora. Iranians began immigrating to Israel in the early 1950s. In 1952 under the Israeli mission, Operation Cyrus, approximately 30,000 Iranian Jews immigrated to Israel. In addition, many Iranian Jews immigrated to Israel after the Iranian revolution in 1979. Following the 1979 Iranian Revolution an additional 10,000 to 15,000 Iranian Jews migrated to Israel. Since the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, over 40,000 Iranian Jews have settled in Israel. Israel continues to encourage the remaining Jews in Iran to immigrate. In 2007 Israel offered monetary incentives to Jews in Iran to encourage Iranian Jewish immigration to Israel. Jews of Iranian descent in Israel are considered part of the mizrahim. In the 1950s the Israeli treatment of Iranian Jews was similar to the Israeli treatment of other Jews from the Middle Eastern and North African region.
Kol Israel transmits daily radio broadcasts to Iran in the Persian language and Menashe Amir, an Iranian Jew, hosts a talk show that draws callers from Iran. Contents
Notable Israelis of Iranian descentRita Kleinstein, an Israeli pop-star, of Persian descent
- 1 Notable Israelis of Iranian descent
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
- Menashe Amir – Persian-language broadcaster in Israel
- Sima Bakhar – Miss Israel 2005
- Michael Ben-Ari – Israeli politician and current member of the Knesset
- Dan Halutz – Former chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces
- Dario Hunter - The first Muslim-born person to be ordained a rabbi.
- Mor Karbasi – Singer
- Moshe Katsav – Former President of Israel
- Rita Kleinstein – Israeli pop singer
- Shaul Mofaz – Former Israeli Minister of Transport.Had been elected the chairman of the Kadima.
- Mordechai Zar – Israeli politician and former member of the Knesset
- Ramtin Sefati – Head of the army''s nonconventional weapons defensive alignment of Israel
Tags:African, Cyrus, Iran, Iranian, Iranian Jews, Iranian Revolution, Israel, Israeli, Jew, Jewish, Knesset, Middle Eastern, Muslim, Persian, President, Revolution, Wikipedia