(Wikipedia) - Al-Quds (disambiguation) (Redirected from Quds)
Al-Quds (Arabic: القدس) is the Arabic name for the city of Jerusalem. It is the short form of Arabic: بيت القدس: Beit al-Quds and comes from the verb قدس (qádusa), which means "to be holy", "to be pure".
Quds (Persian: قدس) is the Persian name for the city of Jerusalem.
Al-Quds may also refer to:
- Al-Quds Index, the primary stock index of the Palestine Securities Exchange
- Al-Quds Al-Arabi, Arabic newspaper based in London
- Al-Quds (newspaper), a Palestinian newspaper
- Hawliyat al-Quds, Arabic name for the Jerusalem Quarterly, a biannual journal published in Jerusalem
In Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Al-Quds rocket and Al Quds 3, rockets made by Palestinian Islamic Jihad militants
- Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
- International Day of Quds, a day commemorating Jerusalem
Tags:Al Quds, Arab, Arabia, Arabic, Astan Quds Razavi, Emirates, Germany, Hamburg, Imam, Imam Reza, Imam Reza shrine, Iranian, Islam, Islamic, Israeli, Jerusalem, Jihad, London, Palestine, Palestinian, Palestinian territories, Persian, Quds, Quds Force, Quranic, Revolutionary Guards, Saudi, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Wikipedia, al-Quds