(Wikipedia) - Siamese
| ||Look up siamese in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. |
Siamese (/ˌsaɪəˈmiz/), most commonly refers to:
- Someone or something from Thailand: see Siam (disambiguation)
- The Thai language
- The Thai people
- Siamese, an informal term for conjoined or fused:
- Siamese twins, conjoined twins
- The "Siamese Twins", Chang and Eng Bunker, the conjoined twin sideshow act from whom the term derives
- Siamesing (engineering), the practice, whose name is derived from siamese twins, of combining two devices (such as cylinder ports or cooling jackets) together into a closely coupled pair, so as to save space between them.
- Siamese cat, a domestic cat breed
- Siamese crocodile, a species of crocodile
- Siamese mud carp, a species of freshwater fish in the carp family, Cyprinidae.
- Siamese algae eater, a species of freshwater fish in the carp family, Cyprinidae.
- Siamese fighting fish, a species of fish from genus Betta.
- Siamese fireback, a national bird of Thailand.
- Siamese tigerfish, a species of fish
Tags:Siamese, Thailand, Wikipedia